things i like right now by lauren of dear golden
- Basil-Hayden bourbon – the cadillac of bourbon, when you want to ride slow and low and drink for a good while without acting like a punk. To be sipped and savored as easily done.
- Feminine black leather – I’ve never liked leather much at all, but lately I’m loving it ruffled, I just bought myself this dress and am wracking my brain trying to create an event in which to wear it.
- Black and gold. Love the combo in jewelry and clothing and I think it’s going to take me right through until next year.
- Hair jewelry. The Victorians were fond of memorial jewelry made with woven hair and I’ve got a pretty healthy obsession with it that my bank account isn’t helping me out with. This particular ring is made from elephant fur, you can read more about it here.
- Matt Bernson boots. I love men’s Red Wing workboots and these are the closest I can find for women. I especially love the inner side zipper and “bolt” grommets. I bought this pair and wear them all too often.
- The Black Keys album Brothers. Wearing it out. I love how two dudes are making a straight rock album with nary a bad moment in any of the tracks.
- Veronica Lake hair. The iconic waves that are sadly pretty much all Miss Lake is now known for. I’ve loved this hair since I was a wee gal.
- Ella. aka: hella, because she’s pretty bitchy, but also stuck on me like glue.
- Old world, distressed interiors. I am working on buying a downtown building for my vintage shop and this photo is the inspiration for the interior…always looking for a sofa like that!
- Plaid wool. Give it to me in the form of a coat or dress, give it to me in muted colors, give it to me all nice and fitted. Love.
- Brillat-Savarin triple cream cheese. Heaven! Can even be used like butter and slathered all over your bagel, seriously. Then maybe go straight to the gym. Or not. Who cares!
for some reason i always thought i had posted about dear golden vintage, but turns out i haven’t…. which is strange considering lauren’s blog is one of my favourites. not only does she stock her shop with the most incredible vintage items, but she also has great personal style (naturally)
really coveting these shoes and this bag right now…
and dresses! and that coat!