are you a future bride? congratulations! are you looking for a dress? yay! well, look no further. Dear Golden has some of the most…
i thought i’d start featuring some of my favourite people on Instagram in a new feature called Double Tap – in case you are,…
you may have noticed over in the sidebar that Dear Golden is one of my inaugural sponsors – and I couldn’t be happier because…
- Basil-Hayden bourbon – the cadillac of bourbon, when you want to ride slow and low and drink for a good while without acting like a punk. To be sipped and savored as easily done.
- Feminine black leather – I’ve never liked leather much at all, but lately I’m loving it ruffled, I just bought myself this dress and am wracking my brain trying to create an event in which to wear it.
- Black and gold. Love the combo in jewelry and clothing and I think it’s going to take me right through until next year.
- Hair jewelry. The Victorians were fond of memorial jewelry made with woven hair and I’ve got a pretty healthy obsession with it that my bank account isn’t helping me out with. This particular ring is made from elephant fur, you can read more about it here.
- Matt Bernson boots. I love men’s Red Wing workboots and these are the closest I can find for women. I especially love the inner side zipper and “bolt” grommets. I bought this pair and wear them all too often.
- The Black Keys album Brothers. Wearing it out. I love how two dudes are making a straight rock album with nary a bad moment in any of the tracks.
- Veronica Lake hair. The iconic waves that are sadly pretty much all Miss Lake is now known for. I’ve loved this hair since I was a wee gal.
- Ella. aka: hella, because she’s pretty bitchy, but also stuck on me like glue.
- Old world, distressed interiors. I am working on buying a downtown building for my vintage shop and this photo is the inspiration for the interior…always looking for a sofa like that!
- Plaid wool. Give it to me in the form of a coat or dress, give it to me in muted colors, give it to me all nice and fitted. Love.
- Brillat-Savarin triple cream cheese. Heaven! Can even be used like butter and slathered all over your bagel, seriously. Then maybe go straight to the gym. Or not. Who cares!