when i first saw some of these images from the new campaign for the Metropolis collection by Levi’s Vintage Clothing i thought, wow these are some great vintage shots. then i looked more carefully. mmm, those construction workers are awfully good looking. and they are very sharply dressed while building those skyscrapers. nice one, Levis – […]READ MORE
i think i got onto Jean Stories because i saw a pic of a nice bum in a nice pair of jeans somewhere. that’s how these things start, you know. good bums in good pairs of jeans are kind of everything. sort of like The Selby meets Freuden von Freunden meets Closet Story – but in […]READ MORE
i spent a fair amount of time clicking around the AYR website because (a) they have beautiful clothes and (b) the website is soooooo nice to look at & use. i particularly love the little wheel you can click on to select different colours of the same product (see this rad dress as an example). i actually […]READ MORE
Jack/Knife Outfitters is a small batch production house based in San Francisco. John, Nick and Melissa make all their garments by hand in their studio – from pattern drafting, to sewing, to pounding rivets. specialising in denim, they have also recently branched out into cotton pieces. beautiful unisex shirts and awesome barn jackets are the order of […]READ MORE
Neuw Denim is a Melbourne based label that pays homage to the heritage of denim. the name comes from the street Nieuwlandstraat in Brussels, Belgium where owner & designer Par Lundqvist started tailoring and altering vintage pieces from his own denim archive (he has a personal collection of over 3,500 pairs of jeans! *) They describe […]READ MORE
just when you think that you couldn’t possibly look at another vintage inspired lookbook, along comes one that could actually fool you into thinking the photos are legit – until you take a closer look. i was almost fooled at first glance by this set of photos while browsing Lincoln Taft’s blog. this is the new lookbook for Ralph […]READ MORE
have died and gone to bearded, manly, lumberjackin’ and nice fittin’ on the rear denim heaven thanks to the west is dead fall 2011 lookbook. i would also wear all these things myself, though – especially those colourful denims. seen via the bearded (also known as one of the best tumblrs in the world)READ MORE
- The Runaways – 70s Rock ‘n Roll played by wayward teenage girls
- Denim on Denim ala George Harrison
- Cape Town jewellery design label Oh Dear, Megan by Megan Fogarty – In love with this particular ring, she has used the inside of a vintage watch to make it.
- Working from home
- Rock biographies – Just finished “I was Keith Richards’ drug dealer” by Tony Sanchez. Eye-opening.
- The photography of 17 year old Australian, Nirrimi. – At 17 I might’ve had hobbies but this girl has a career. She has just shot for the Diesel ‘Be Stupid’ catalogue.
- My new specs – Only found out a week ago that I need to wear glasses. The novelty hasn’t worn off yet so I’m like a kid with a new toy.
- Top knots – Ever-convenient and they somehow make you look slimmer, weird.
- Rose printed upholstery – In my early teens I was so ashamed of the out-of-date rose printed couches we had in our lounge. Now l want them to be left to me!
- Thomas Pepler’s film photography – Local Cape Town designer with an incredible eye for photography. Jealousy-inducing.