GUYS. it’s the first of november! the beginning of the end of the year (almost). it’s also that weird and wonderful month when men grow moustaches (some shouldn’t, harrison ford for example.) to celebrate i decided to put together an hour long playlist to get your groove on to, or at least get you in the mood for cutting some shapes. a mix of old & new disco, funk, soul and remixed flavours. look out for another one later, two mixes a month is more special than one.
this is possibly my favourite mix so far, it makes me soooo happy. especially that marvin gaye remix.
boogie. download it here. playlist:
- jackson 5 – i want you back (z-trip remix)
- marvin gaye – too busy (black tiger sex machine refix)
- janelle monáe feat. big boi – tightrope (team banzai remix)
- james brown – i feel good (ali disco b remix)
- edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros – home (party supplies remix)
- earth, wind & fire – let’s groove tonight (dj emagen remix)
- sharon jones & the dap-kings – keep on looking (kenny dope remix)
- aretha franklin – respect (two shoes edit)
- mark ronson – bang bang bang (rhythm plate’s banging disco edit)
- bee gees – you should be dancing (professor lacroix utility edit)
- amy winehouse – rehab (hot chip remix)
- diana ross & the supremes – you keep me hangin’ on (team banzai remix)
- phoenix – lisztomania (shook remix)
ps: groovy dancing dudes courtesy of ben pearce.
all music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!