July things! you can just click on the sweet little icons to be taken to the items.
i discovered this old post and thought it deserved a revival of sorts. 6 outfits made up of 3 essential items. they are not all budget friendly though, i apologise. if i make fantasy outfits they really tend to be exactly that.
row 1: A.P.C. Jenny Sweater // Weekend by Max Mara Canada Skirt // & Other Stories Ankle Boot
row 2: Steven Alan Oversized Shirt // Rag & Bone Jeans // Mansur Gavriel Bucket Bag
row 3: Araks William Cami // Dolce & Gabbana Rose Print Skirt // Ancient Greek Sandals
row 4: J Brand Leather Jacket // Étoile Isabel Marant Noelia Dress // Chloe Metal-Tipped Tassel Loafers
row 5: Acne Palm Lync Dress // Marni Edition Trapese Earrings // Rachel Comey Preen Loafer
row 6: COS Pleat Dress // Clare Vivier Jaguar Print Clutch // & Other Stories Wooden Heel Sandals
some of you may remember my last Rewardrobe post, which was exactly a year ago today. so much has changed in my life since then – i moved to a new city & into a new flat, cut down hours at my day job and took on more freelance work. consequently my finances have been geared toward setting up home and other things that are way more important than clothes. like buying plants and making cheese pies.
the thing is, i have naturally become more discerning when it comes to what i buy and choose to wear. i guess this just happens as you get older (and approach 30) … i don’t really just pop in to shops anymore, where in the past i would have inevitably ended up buying cheap items that i’d only get a few wears out of. i used to think why should i spend [x] on these expensive boots when i can spend the same amount on many (cheaper, crappier) boots. now-a-days i can count the number of items i’ve purchased in the past year on one hand. okay, one and a half hands. two tiny little hands. all good quality pieces that i will hopefully get many, many wears out of.
so i decided to do another rewardrobe post – things i would buy if i somehow miraculously had extra cash burning a hole in my proverbial pocket. more than anything i like making fantasy online shopping collages. so, enjoy.
acne nude marlow dress / goat peppermint dress / 3.1 phillip lim dress / dkny sleeveless dress / tucker dress / madewell silk pleated dress / aubin & wills silk crepe dress / a.p.c. denim dress / paul & joe sister silk dress /l’agence belted satin dress / michelle mason silk georgette dress
monki lucy singlet / monki melodie blouse / monki dannie shirt / a.p.c. peach top / m missoni top / equipment palms blouse / theory silk blouse / paul & joe pelican top / l’agence silk shirt / aubin & wills green shirt /
acne leather jacket
(who needs another jacket when you have acne?)
top to bottom, left to right: top: vena cava / necklace: lizzie fortunato / computer bag: henrik vibskov / handbag: rachel comey / boots: acne / midwest sweater: need supply co. / dress: tsumori chisato / necklace: a merry mishap
have been quietly obsessing over this colour scheme for a while. decided to call it sherbert. yes, i know the correct spelling is sherbet – but i pronounce it sherbert. and since i am making up a colour scheme i may as well make up a word, too. it’s somewhere between art deco pink, peach, salmon and dusty rose… i guess it’s all of them combined.
row 1: tara ; juan bitar ; rising70 ; mallory dowd
row 2: samantha casolari ; mark weaver ; super bomba
row 3: erin powers ; laurent champoussin.
row 4: xavier encinas ; suzy wimbourne ; sara peixoto ; geraldine nicolo
reassessing my wardrobe right now – in my head, that is. hypothetically. if i were to win the lottery or discovered a giant diamond in my garden… this is what i’d spend that money on.
pieces row by row:
- agatha dress / annica dress / eva dress
- acne copy cap sleeve tee / a.p.c. denim / aubin & wills breton top
- pringle silk blouse / steven alan sydney shirt / etoile isabel marant vanda shirt
- asos merlin leather fringe loafers / upcycled leather button wallets / isabel marant earrings / isabel marant bracelet / rachel comey short boot
- uniform wares wristwatch / super ilaria sunglasses / a.p.c. leather zip pocket / steven alan linwood bucket bag
- blue isthmus dress / no shatter what dress / night blooming dress
- billy kirk carryall / chapel madras backpack / missibaba workhorse bag
- fisherman sweater / flair skirt / coastline-stripe tee
- the clemence woven rope necklace / astrid stud earrings / black diamond ring / polka dot band / garland necklace / apres ski necklace
- pecka blouse / betty knit / pamela singlet
- canvas mix loafer / leather stud flat sandals / maddison pretty tie brogue / leather gladiator sandal
- steve mono romy shoulder bag / alexander wang marion sling bag / logan shoulder tote / steve mono stripe bag
- cafe trouser in wool / high-waisted skinny cord / hope news trouser / shillingby trouser ..
- marni platform clogs / chloe clog pump
- party blazer with bow clip / short pea coat
- connie fold dress / confetti dress / colour block pleated dress
- steven alan joli bag / swear viennetta 3 shoe / warby parker jasper sunglasses / mona boots
had way too much fun making these.
tsumori chisato button down blouse / thakoon addition skinny tweed pant / no.6 three strap clog / a.p.c. chambray shirtdress / rachel comey saddle bag / rag & bone mid moto boot / thom browne buffalo check oxford shirt / r13 slouch skinny jean / robert clergerie jata slip-on shoe / a.p.c. chambray overshirt / hope news trouser / robert clergerie juan ankle boot / steven alan riley dress / mulberry small polly push lock satchel / belle by sigerson morrison crepe platform boot / saint james minquiers 10 t-shirt / comme des garçons shirt man overdyed short / k. jacques homere sandal