things i like right now by ian of fixed gear cape town
- I spend way to much time sitting down. Maybe if I had an Eames dowel base chair, I wouldn’t mind as much.
- I love Paul Theroux‘s books. In preparation for my American holiday, I’m reading The Old Patagonian Express – his journey by train through north and south America. Terribly nerdy, I know.
- Although its name sounds like a cancer ward, the Chemosphere house is a modernist masterpiece.
- The Citroen DS Pallas is one of the few cars that would convince me to drive more.
- I’m turning 30 next week, and I think it’s a good enough reason to buy myself a Canon G11, don’t you?
- American Apparel Standard t-shirts in any colour as long as they’re white.
- I need a canvas and leather satchel in my life. This one would do nicely.
- I love the simplicity and aesthetic of fixed gear bikes and I’m particularly psyched with my new Cannondale Track.
- Big up to the sales assistant at Selfridges for convincing me that Tom Ford Black Orchid “isn’t just a women’s fragrance”.
- Not having a TV means I have to be selective about what I watch. One show I never miss is Mad Men – it makes me want to work in a *proper* ad agency.
- I don’t really “do” jewellery, but I made an exception for this Konzuk ring in concrete and white gold.
- I’m off to New York on Saturday. And I CANNOT WAIT.
- Red Wing boots have been on my wish list ever since I spotted Kim Jones rocking a pair at Toffie Fest.
- I wanted a calculator watch soooo bad when I was a kid. It’s great that Casio have reissued them.