if i can’t have the shack then no one can! muwahahaaa. wish i could live out my drunk-with-power fantasies. as seen via here, there and everywhere.
things i like right now by mariah of size too small
- Candles & Candlestick Holders: Every day as soon as the sun sets, we light candles in our home. They create the best mood – super cozy.
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: Do yourself a favor and listen to “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
- Stationary: I love cards and stationary and Rifle Paper Company is at the top of my love list.
- American Apparel Deep Neck V T-shirt: I’ve been a long time fan of this particular shirt. I have it in a bunch of colors, but grey is my favorite.
- Window Pane Check Bedding: I’m obsessed with this simple graphic print for bedding.
- Eternity Scarves: These are the best- sewn in a circle, all you do is loop it around your neck. It holds the perfect shape all day. I wore mine all winter long.
- Rachel Comey Ankle Boot: I love this new ankle boot Rachel Comey has come out with. It’s the perfect shade of brown.
those boooooooots!!! actually, i want everything on mariah’s list. everything.
i’m not sure that i’m sold on the design of this house, but i’m certainly envious of that huge deck – i can definitely imagine spending hours lazing about, catching some rays and watching the water. great party potential, too. notice the fire-pit that disappears into the floor during the day…
check out the rest of the pics at the contemporist
this house is totally a case of oooooh i love the interior, but blegh why did they have to put that white block in the middle of a street filled with pretty old houses? really? way to ruin the neighbourhood guys.
i can hear my dad in the back of my mind saying, no sense of place. with a disappointed shake of his head… and i’d have to agree! but i can appreciate the interior at least.
discussion is welcome, i’m sure lots of people out there actually love the outcome. via contemporist.
if you’re like me then you peruse the selby often (and by often i mean all the time), and there would be no need to show you these pics. but i’m going to take a shot in the dark and share them with you in case you’re not a follower. this is hervé pierre‘s apartment in new york city, he’s the design director for carolina herrera.
pierre has literally brought paris into his home, and it’s filled with the coolest stuff – hat boxes, paper art, vintage portraits, giant perfume bottles, fashion illustrations … not to mention the fact that his fridge is basically stocked with water and chocolate.
i urge you to see all the photos here
look at him in his jammies!
i have never been a carpet person, i much prefer an expanse of empty floor than having rugs lying all over the place (especially loose carpets on a floor that already has wall-to-wall carpeting… something i will never understand.) slowly though i have come to the realisation that it might just be because i have never come across carpets i actually like.
these antique carpets by swedish artist & textile designer martha meuse fjetterström (on auction at bukowski’s) are a huge exception. considering they’re priced between $4000-30,000 they probably would not be displayed on my floor.