a new music mix that features tracks from some of my favourite albums of the year so far, including hot chip/ in our heads, the tallest man on earth / there’s no leaving now, and twin shadow / confess – all of which are exceptional, i urge you to go out and buy them right now (if you haven’t had them on repeat already). other notables are new-to-me band the eastern sea and a few other lovely randoms like the stand alone single from little dragon (who i’m seeing live at the end of the month, yay!) and a single from veteran canadian band stars whose new album the north is coming out next month (and who i still have a massive soft spot for). enjoy.
ps: the mix name & cover art are, obviously, inspired by the Olympics. which i’m sure you’re loving as much as i am.
- the tallest man on earth – to just grow away
- the eastern sea – the match
- trails and ways – mtn tune
- the sea and cake – harps
- saint motel – benny goodman
- mystery jets – greatest hits
- sun airway – close
- twin shadow – the one
- stars – hold on when you get love and let go when you give it
- beat connection – the palace garden, 4am
- hot chip – these chains
- little dragon – sunshine