it’s almost a month till christmas. and if your supermarkets are anything like ours, you’ve been bombarded with christmas music since october. if only they’d play this holiday album from target, filled with tunes from rad bands like wavves, best coast and coconut records amongst others. you’ll be able to download the songs for free on 28 november.
hello troublemakers, here’s a little bonus october mix for you! kind of an early morning with a slight hangover and i can’t play anything too upbeat mix. or perhaps an i’d like to play some music at 1am without waking up the neighbours mix. most of these songs actually got me through…
things i like right now by niel of a hymn
- Arcade Fire – The Suburbs
- Black Prairie – Feast of the Hunters’ Moon
- Jonsi – Go
- Titus Andronicus – The Monitor
- Spaghetti Bolognese (eating it and making it)
- Long weekends with nothing to do.
- Starting work at 10 every Monday
- Yellow = (0 Cyan) (20 Magenta) (100 Yellow) (0 black)
- My secret free mp3 websites that I can’t tell you about because they are secret.
- This presentation
- Anything that can stop the censorship of the press. Without freedom of speech we are nothing.
newspaper image from brandon long
one of my favourite fleet foxes songs is blue ridge mountains, which i’ve been listening to a lot lately. so i decided to see if there was perhaps a music video attached, but instead found this amazing live performance that they did in an abandoned wing of the grand palais in paris. wow, gives me goosebumps. the song starts at about 3:30
in the quivering forest / where the shivering dog rests / our good grandfather / built a wooden nest / and the river got frozen / and the home got snowed in / and the yellow moon glowed bright / till the morning light[audio:http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/8/6/2037036//Fleet Foxes – Blue Ridge Mountains.mp3]