July things! you can just click on the sweet little icons to be taken to the items.
things i like right now
find out where to buy below
if you don’t already read Jen’s blog Honey Kennedy then you should head over there right now and subscribe. Jen is the queen of finding pretty things to look at, and i especially love when she shares new & interesting lookbooks from small and independent designers.
Hello there! My name is Jen and I write the blog, Honey Kennedy. I’m happy to be here guest blogging for Diana today while she moves to her new home in the city. Thanks for having me, Diana!
My post is loosely based on my love for those pretty light pink and metallic boxes you get when you buy macarons from Ladurée. Now that I’ve put my collage together, it has become clear that I was also inspired by the hints of spring and blooms that have been teasing our minds lately here in the Pacific Northwest. OK, without further ado, here are ten things I’ve been admiring. I hope you enjoy them, too!
5. New Blankets from Pendleton’s The Portland Collection A/W 2012
I own one of their blankets from last season and can’t wait to get my mitts on another in the fall! See my recent Pendleton post —> HERE.
7. Pink A/W 2012 Dress by Jil Sander
This Jil Sander collection was one of my fashion week runway favorites for Autumn 2012. Sadly, it seems this may be the last for the line from creative genius, Raf Simons. The colors are so exquisite! The color of this dress is DREAMY–so soft, yet vibrant.
9. Block Print Bedding from ABC Home
I am obsessed with this pretty bedding. I love the Aqaba, Zarqa and Provence prints! I’ve been going to look at these beauties several times a week for the past couple months. Love!
10. Vetyver Bouquet Glass Candle from Curio Noir
I love nice candles. This one contains notes of Cypress, Orange Flower, Jasmine and Vetiver. I love their packaging and handcrafted glass jars. I’d love to get my nose on Tubereuse Noir, too.
i haven’t had the chance to wish all of you a happy new year, mostly because i was planning on staying away from my computer the entire holiday (the posts that have been magically appearing every day were set up before christmas). but of course i couldn’t stay away… too much relaxing, reading and what not just makes me itch to do something, so i decided to redesign the blog yesterday – for those of you reading in rss please take a look! then i had a quick browse around the net too, because i can’t help myself, which resulted in a snappy things i like right now.
2. i’m enjoying tom’s skin & salt series.
3. kate and her brother made a covers album. i actually have no words for how great this is.
4. i love love love hila’s new year resolutions post.
6. alex hercovitch’s apartment in sao paolo.
8. i’m constantly obsessing over bright midi skirts. not maxi skirts… midi skirts.
9. a wishbone necklace… good luck for a new year.
10. ikahn vintage.
12. what else have i been doing this holiday? playing hours upon hours of skyrim.
Rounding up my inaugural sponsors things i like right now showcase is Christina Remenyi, the amazing talent behind exquisite lingerie label Fortnight Lingerie. i love seeing how much i have in common with these great gals – i am also obsessed with those acne pistol boots, won’t say no to vanilla soft serve (ever) and am in the habit of drinking my morning coffee out of vintage cups and mugs.
1. Drinking coffee out of vintage Pyrex mugs. An Everyday event.
2. Elephants. My favourite animal. Period.
3. Gotye. I got hooked on the song “somebody that I used to know” … the whole album is stunning.
4. Retro Motels. I wish I had a time machine.
5. Acne Pistol. Black leather boot perfection
7. St. John’s Bridge. This is a double like… one for bridges and the other for Portland. I’ve always been in awe of these majestic, man-made passageways. Portland has many bridges connecting the eastern and western parts of town. Just left after 4 days of amazing food, coffee, music and brews and I can’t wait to go back!
8. Stevie Nicks. Enough said.
9. Vanilla Soft-Serve Ice Cream. Simple and perfect… even in the winter.
10. This Ring by Portland based designer Autoctona. I don’t wear much jewelry… but this is an exception.
when Noémie sent me her things i like right now she had sorted it all in a handy pinterest board (there are some extras in there not on list list, so go have a look). the design of the collage came out pretty naturally as a result. Noémie is a Toronto based blogger behind As Ink Remains – another of my inaugural sponsors.
- CAT PLATE: I’m pretty obsessed with all things kitty – and this plate from Donna Wilson would just make my day.
- RACHEL COMEY GARRET LACE-UP: I love how these look a little tough and could totally give any outfit a bit more edge.
- CHARLOTTE OLYMPIA KITTY FLATS: leopard print + kitty face = perfection.
- THE CIVIL WARS: I’m really into their soulful take on folk music. Barton Hallow is great listening.
- ICE CREAM POSTER: I’ve been eying this Debbie Carlos poster for ages… about time I make a purchase. It would look pretty awesome hanging over my couch.
- GARNETT JEWELRY BRASS BANGLE: I’m thinking this would look great with my Future Mister’s name on it, or a significant date on the underside…
- ISABEL MARANT MATI PULLOVER: I’m in love with anything heathered, or marled, or salt and pepper. Would probably look great over some chambray or an oxford.
- HOPE CAPTAIN SWEATER. Salt and pepper sweaters… what can I say – I love them.
- BLACK KEYS NEW ALBUM: El Camino has been on my radar ever since my obsession with Brothers. Lonely Boy is currently the song I turn to when I need to turn a frown upside down.
- ALEXA CHUNG: no, not talking about her style, but her hair. I wish mine did what hers does on a daily basis.
- ANYTHING COFFEE: I’m obsessed with cafe mochas and americanos. Crema in Toronto does some good coffee too.
- ICELAND: I’m convinced I’ll live in Iceland for a few years of my life. These photos from Grandchildren are so soft and ethereal.
- STICK-PINS: I’m really into collar tips right now, but stick pins are a nice alternative too.
- HIGH WAISTED UNDIES: These ones from The Loved One are lovely. They’re only thing that makes sense under high waisted pants! (They’re also way sexy)
- ISABEL MARANT COAT: I’ve been shopping for something less “parka” and more lady. This is a beautiful option.
- JACK SPADE BRIEF: What better way to carry a laptop than in this?
- YELLOW MOUNTAIN: I lived in China for a year and climbed a mountain that looks just like this. Sometimes when Toronto is being a jerk, I think back on it and miss it tons!
- SHIRTS UNDER SWEATERS: I’m obsessed. All I want to wear these days are shirts buttoned all the way up, with a sweater that’s a bit too short over it.
continuing with the things i like right now series, introducing another of my inaugural sponsors – Sherisa of L’elephant Rose. she is offering a 10% discount in her shop if you use the code missmoss until the end of November!
- “I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be happy. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all..” ― Leo Rosten. A friend of mine paraphrased this the other day and it spoke absolute volumes about what I’m trying to convey every single day I’m alive.
- Zoya nailpolish. I have purchased at least 25 bottles this year alone. That’s more polish than I think I’ve ever bought in my entire life. I’m totally nail obsessed.
- Photos of the Brooklyn Bridge. Because I miss that bridge beyond reason. I miss taking the train in to work every morning at 6am when the world was just waking up.
- Butternut Squash. It is the only soup I’ll have and eat 10 times a day if put in front of me. Here is a recipe to my favorite kind. I add leeks and a bit of ginger for bite.
- Metronomy. They are currently the sound of all things happy.
- Skype. It has made moving to the other side of the world bearable. I get to skype with my mom once or twice a week for a few hours and it’s real time. We see each other. Plus it makes talking to my friends in other countries easier too.
- Bicycle riding. I hated bikes up until summer of this year. I got a pretty big scar falling this year, but the convenience and ease with getting around the city is unmatched. Plus, I’ve never learned a city based on cycling.
- Dream catcher tattoos. My husband and I got almost identical dream catcher tattoos this year as our wedding tats. I’ve always loved them and plan on getting a bunch of dream catchers for a corner in our home.
- Succulents. They are like thick beautiful green flowers. Only they aren’t. That works fantastically for me because I’m allergic to flowers.
- The work of this talented artist, who also happens to be my husband. Dennis de Groot.
- Margaret Kilgallen‘s awesome amazing work and her book.
- Veggies. I’m Vegetarian.Vegetables rock!
- Being Married. Corny, perhaps. But I love my husband and being married is just the awesomest thing ever since our entire 4 years prior were long distance. Long as in 3000+ miles apart. It’s nice to love in the same home. Photo Credit: Brandon King – BK BOOTH
- Amsterdam. My new home. I’ve been here one year and one month and I can almost safely say this place feels really comfortable.
- Pixel, our most adorable baby kitteh. I have never been a cat person, so for him to win my heart right away speaks volumes. I love that he keeps me company when I’m home working and he follows me like he’s my shadow. That’s my baby.