July things! you can just click on the sweet little icons to be taken to the items.
things i like right now
find out where to buy below
if you don’t already read Jen’s blog Honey Kennedy then you should head over there right now and subscribe. Jen is the queen of finding pretty things to look at, and i especially love when she shares new & interesting lookbooks from small and independent designers.
Hello there! My name is Jen and I write the blog, Honey Kennedy. I’m happy to be here guest blogging for Diana today while she moves to her new home in the city. Thanks for having me, Diana!
My post is loosely based on my love for those pretty light pink and metallic boxes you get when you buy macarons from Ladurée. Now that I’ve put my collage together, it has become clear that I was also inspired by the hints of spring and blooms that have been teasing our minds lately here in the Pacific Northwest. OK, without further ado, here are ten things I’ve been admiring. I hope you enjoy them, too!
5. New Blankets from Pendleton’s The Portland Collection A/W 2012
I own one of their blankets from last season and can’t wait to get my mitts on another in the fall! See my recent Pendleton post —> HERE.
7. Pink A/W 2012 Dress by Jil Sander
This Jil Sander collection was one of my fashion week runway favorites for Autumn 2012. Sadly, it seems this may be the last for the line from creative genius, Raf Simons. The colors are so exquisite! The color of this dress is DREAMY–so soft, yet vibrant.
9. Block Print Bedding from ABC Home
I am obsessed with this pretty bedding. I love the Aqaba, Zarqa and Provence prints! I’ve been going to look at these beauties several times a week for the past couple months. Love!
10. Vetyver Bouquet Glass Candle from Curio Noir
I love nice candles. This one contains notes of Cypress, Orange Flower, Jasmine and Vetiver. I love their packaging and handcrafted glass jars. I’d love to get my nose on Tubereuse Noir, too.
i haven’t had the chance to wish all of you a happy new year, mostly because i was planning on staying away from my computer the entire holiday (the posts that have been magically appearing every day were set up before christmas). but of course i couldn’t stay away… too much relaxing, reading and what not just makes me itch to do something, so i decided to redesign the blog yesterday – for those of you reading in rss please take a look! then i had a quick browse around the net too, because i can’t help myself, which resulted in a snappy things i like right now.
2. i’m enjoying tom’s skin & salt series.
3. kate and her brother made a covers album. i actually have no words for how great this is.
4. i love love love hila’s new year resolutions post.
6. alex hercovitch’s apartment in sao paolo.
8. i’m constantly obsessing over bright midi skirts. not maxi skirts… midi skirts.
9. a wishbone necklace… good luck for a new year.
10. ikahn vintage.
12. what else have i been doing this holiday? playing hours upon hours of skyrim.
Rounding up my inaugural sponsors things i like right now showcase is Christina Remenyi, the amazing talent behind exquisite lingerie label Fortnight Lingerie. i love seeing how much i have in common with these great gals – i am also obsessed with those acne pistol boots, won’t say no to vanilla soft serve (ever) and am in the habit of drinking my morning coffee out of vintage cups and mugs.
1. Drinking coffee out of vintage Pyrex mugs. An Everyday event.
2. Elephants. My favourite animal. Period.
3. Gotye. I got hooked on the song “somebody that I used to know” … the whole album is stunning.
4. Retro Motels. I wish I had a time machine.
5. Acne Pistol. Black leather boot perfection
7. St. John’s Bridge. This is a double like… one for bridges and the other for Portland. I’ve always been in awe of these majestic, man-made passageways. Portland has many bridges connecting the eastern and western parts of town. Just left after 4 days of amazing food, coffee, music and brews and I can’t wait to go back!
8. Stevie Nicks. Enough said.
9. Vanilla Soft-Serve Ice Cream. Simple and perfect… even in the winter.
10. This Ring by Portland based designer Autoctona. I don’t wear much jewelry… but this is an exception.