i blitzed through a book this past weekend (which wasn’t amazing, but has comparisons to Gone Girl – so if you’re into whodunits maybe give it a whirl) and the main character kept mentioning slipping into a “sexy black teddy” that her husband had bought for her. i couldn’t roll my eyes hard enough because, first of all, stop calling it a teddy and also the idea of someone buying a woman lingerie has always confused me. what if it doesn’t fit? what if it’s cheap and itchy? what if it makes you look like a weirdo? what if you just don’t LIKE it?
as many of you know i love browsing through the life image archives. usually i have no real goal – just sniffing around, digging until i find something great to share with you. since it’s Valentine’s Day i thought this collection of photographs called Japanese Love Story by John Dominis was fitting. i don’t know what the photographs were taken for or if there is an actual love story behind any of them… perhaps just let your imagination fill in the blanks.
I sit at home
In our room
By our bed
Gazing at your pillow.
all images courtesy of the life image archives
february music mix is here! as much as i kind of despise valentines day/month i have to admit i was thinking about it when putting this mix together. it’s not 100% love songs, in fact there are a number of songs on here that are distinctly un-love songs. you know, valentines is a bunch of hoo haa anyway. BUT if you need something for your valentine that’s anti-hallmark just burn this playlist to CD… you can take complete credit, i won’t mind *
there’s something about us. tracklist:
- yeasayer – i remember
- fleet foxes – helplessness blues
- alexander – truth
- the middle east – blood
- bloc party – i still remember (lull’s music box & tears mix)
- arctic monkeys – the lovers (acoustic)
- death cab for cutie – love song (the cure)
- bon iver – skinny love (das kapital rerub)
- passion pit – to kingdom come
- rtp – all that’s left (rac mix)
- clap your hands say yeah – is this love?
- flight of the conchords – the most beautiful girl (in the room)
- radiohead – thinking about you
- bruce springsteen – i’m on fire (cousin cole’s bad desire mix)**
- daft punk – something about us
* a mix-tape is more romantic than anything in the entire world.
** i listened to this 12,000 times yesterday.
all music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!
uuuuuh. fuck yeah! pretty much the perfect collection.
i don’t want to be a party pooper but i’ve always been kind of *shrugs soulders* about valentines day. that being said, if i was planning on sending something to someone, it would be one of these cute cards from rifle paper co and perhaps a bunch of hydrangeas. oh wait, that’s what i would want someone to send to me (hint).