just in case you felt the need to look at a bunch of beautiful ice pools, like i did. … which indirectly made me think of this douglas adams quote “… imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, ‘This is an interesting world I find myself in – an…
things i like right now by mariah of size too small
- Candles & Candlestick Holders: Every day as soon as the sun sets, we light candles in our home. They create the best mood – super cozy.
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: Do yourself a favor and listen to “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
- Stationary: I love cards and stationary and Rifle Paper Company is at the top of my love list.
- American Apparel Deep Neck V T-shirt: I’ve been a long time fan of this particular shirt. I have it in a bunch of colors, but grey is my favorite.
- Window Pane Check Bedding: I’m obsessed with this simple graphic print for bedding.
- Eternity Scarves: These are the best- sewn in a circle, all you do is loop it around your neck. It holds the perfect shape all day. I wore mine all winter long.
- Rachel Comey Ankle Boot: I love this new ankle boot Rachel Comey has come out with. It’s the perfect shade of brown.
those boooooooots!!! actually, i want everything on mariah’s list. everything.
fantasy outfit #5… total price: $8000 (R58,500) uuuum. yes okay, it’s mostly from net-a-porter.
man-o-lantern it’s been cold this weekend! just when i was babbling about it being so warm and un-winter like the cape decides to pull one of it’s classic rainy sessions. so this fantasy outfit is based around a fuck-off warm jacket. sometimes i feel a bit bad about shearling… but i eat lamb so who am i to talk? don’t hate me, vegetarians.
ps: perhaps one day i will look back and be amused at my choice of shoe, but i am quite taken with swedish hasbeens and any kind of wooden platform. oh well. pps: there’s a cup of coffee in there… yes there is.
it’s going to be spring soon! though our tricksy south african weather has been making everyone assume it’s spring already (this has probably been the mildest and most glorious winter in recent memory.) i bet we’re in for one more crazy cold front before the proper hot weather hits us though – remember when it snowed in august?
photos by the very talented will renton
dace has a great lookbook for their fall / winter 2010 collection. it looks like what we have been missing weather wise here in south africa (not that i’m complaining about the sunny awesomeness we’ve been blessed with, but i do enjoy the odd grey day). they also have quite a cool video accompanying the lookbook. see all the clothes here.