it is now just over 2 months till our wedding. 11 weeks to be exact. i have been thinking about it a lot this month, mostly because there are admin…
chieko ueno aka chi-ko is a “freestyle florist” who makes these rad floral calenders depending on the floral season / mood for that month. they certainly put a spring in…
just an idea i’m playing around with. image credits from top to bottom: stockholm street style + pierre auguste renoir – roses from wargemont / lachsbroetchen + konstantin korovin – roses in…
i went to bread & wine this past weekend, the beautiful restaurant at moreson wine farm in franschhoek. this place is heaven for me – 99% due to their homemade…
still life is not my usual fare, but i make an exception for henri fantin-latour whose darkly hued flower paintings have always captivated me. looking through these reminded me of this…
hello september, my favourite month. you are epitomised by the smell of pink jasmine, which makes me want to roll around in you…. or something. welcome back! madbar / anita…
kate is one of my best friends who i met in high school. she is an aspiring bag designer – keep an eye out for this lady.
things i like right now by kate of mooi mooi
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in sepia ink with ultra fine eyeliner brush – its super easy to apply and long wearing so I don’t end up looking like a raccoon at the end of a long day (or night).
- Collect necklaces – especially the bokkie :)
- Peonies – a bunch of these beauties is the easiest way to get into my good books ;)
- Narciso Rodriguez for her – thanks to Miss Moss for introducing me to this, its no. 1 on my Christmas wishlist.
- Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener – I love this product. Think YSL Touche Eclat, just more affordable.
- My grandfather’s Praktica Super TL camera.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve – forget eight hour cream, this is a miracle in a tin.
- Greta Garbo inspired Dior ad campaign.
- Patterns in my coffee – I have become such a regular at my local Vida that the baristas make a game of creating new and interesting patterns in my double meia froth. Both the coffee and the photo are by a friend of mine, Nathalie. Too cute.
- Feminine, lingerie inspired, summer frocks.
- Donna Karan Double Zip Messenger Bag – wouldn’t mind it being a bit smaller though… guess i need make my own version ;)
- Vintage margazit brooch from my mom – priceless.
- Comfy flat shoes for long summer walks with my dogs.
i need to get myself some of that eyeliner and eye brightener, am a serious sufferer of panda eyes
photos of flowers can be a bit hum drum, especially if you’ve seen one too many macro shots… but this series of photographs is amazing, like little pieces of art.