One of my FAVOURITE creative duos, photographer Alix-Rose Cowie and stylist slash advertising whizz gal slash most fashionable girl in Cape Town Kate Desmarais have created a beautiful lookbook for local jewellery range Pichulik. I’m blogging about this from NYC, because I couldn’t wait, but also because even though I am surrounded by cool shit […]READ MORE
if you’re a regular you’ll be familiar with the wonderful styling & photography work of Capetonians Kate Desmarais and Alix-Rose Cowie, as i featured their lookbooks Fancypants and Off-Kilter in the past couple of years. well, i have someone new to add to the ever-growing list of wonderfully talented local ladies – Supernatural, a floral design studio made […]READ MORE
i’ve spoken about my friend Amy before on the blog – you’ll be familiar with her famous collages if you’re a regular visitor. she has the best taste out of any person i know, and that is a fact. some might say she taught me everything i know. so when Kate and i were musing about who […]READ MORE
i’m really excited to offer you an exclusive first look at the new shoot from Kate and Alix (who you will remember from their last venture Fancy Pants) For our first shoot of 2012 we wanted to play with the idea of asymmetry which is how we came up with the title Off-Kilter. We loved the fact that […]READ MORE
as you’ll see in her disclaimer (haha) kate does not actually work in fashion – but you might think she does considering that she occasionally styles mini-editorials, frequently updates her fashion-fueled tumblr, contributes to wearing the pants and writes cool pieces for local blog it’s what i’m into (including a Q&A with current street style it-girl eleonora […]READ MORE
kate and alix-rose are two talented cape town locals who i’ve come to know via twitter (the internet never ceases to bring me joy it seems). kate is a copywriter with a great penchant for fashion, and alix-rose is a photographer whose work i’m always excited to see over at her blog. they’ve done some […]READ MORE
- Colour at Jil Sander: These brights make me so happy. Jil Sander pulls off colour with pure class.
- Pictures of Cats: Not the LOL kind. There’s something special about capturing a moment with a cat on camera. Probably because they can be so aloof.
- Vredehoek: Friends’ balconies, warm summer evenings, saturday morning walks to the Spar – Vredehoek feels like home and I don’t even live there. Image via HighArt/LowLife
- Unusual Hats: I heart hats. Give me a turban, fez, bowler or boater and I’m yours! Image via Yvan Rodic
- Models who read backstage: Fighting the stereotype that models are stupid one novel at a time.
- Socks: I must have inherited my love of socks from my mom. Polkadots, stripes, argyle, Nordic print – she has a pair to match any outfit. I’ve started my own collection, but it pales in comparison to hers. Image via Teen Vogue
- Blog Books: Few things make me happier than my collection of blog books. All I need is Fifi Lapin’s “What Shall I Wear Today?” and my life will be complete.
- Kris Atomic: a freelance illustrator from Brighton who has the coolest blog and makes the most amazing drawings.
- These Outfits: Simple. Classic. Effortless. Chic. Everything an outfit should be. Left: The Sartorialist ; Right: Hanneli Mustaparta
- My Margot Molyneux Cape: Local designer Margot Molyneux fulfilled my sartorial dreams when she made me this camel cape. I swear it has magical powers.