One of my FAVOURITE creative duos, photographer Alix-Rose Cowie and stylist slash advertising whizz gal slash most fashionable girl in Cape Town Kate Desmarais have created a beautiful lookbook for local jewellery range Pichulik. I’m blogging about this from NYC, because I couldn’t wait, but also because even though I…
if you’re a regular you’ll be familiar with the wonderful styling & photography work of Capetonians Kate Desmarais and Alix-Rose Cowie, as i featured their lookbooks Fancypants and Off-Kilter in the past couple of years. well, i have someone new to add to the ever-growing list of wonderfully talented local ladies – Supernatural,…
as you’ll see in her disclaimer (haha) kate does not actually work in fashion – but you might think she does considering that she occasionally styles mini-editorials, frequently updates her fashion-fueled tumblr, contributes to wearing the pants and writes cool pieces for local blog it’s what i’m into (including a Q&A with…
- Colour at Jil Sander: These brights make me so happy. Jil Sander pulls off colour with pure class.
- Pictures of Cats: Not the LOL kind. There’s something special about capturing a moment with a cat on camera. Probably because they can be so aloof.
- Vredehoek: Friends’ balconies, warm summer evenings, saturday morning walks to the Spar – Vredehoek feels like home and I don’t even live there. Image via HighArt/LowLife
- Unusual Hats: I heart hats. Give me a turban, fez, bowler or boater and I’m yours! Image via Yvan Rodic
- Models who read backstage: Fighting the stereotype that models are stupid one novel at a time.
- Socks: I must have inherited my love of socks from my mom. Polkadots, stripes, argyle, Nordic print – she has a pair to match any outfit. I’ve started my own collection, but it pales in comparison to hers. Image via Teen Vogue
- Blog Books: Few things make me happier than my collection of blog books. All I need is Fifi Lapin’s “What Shall I Wear Today?” and my life will be complete.
- Kris Atomic: a freelance illustrator from Brighton who has the coolest blog and makes the most amazing drawings.
- These Outfits: Simple. Classic. Effortless. Chic. Everything an outfit should be. Left: The Sartorialist ; Right: Hanneli Mustaparta
- My Margot Molyneux Cape: Local designer Margot Molyneux fulfilled my sartorial dreams when she made me this camel cape. I swear it has magical powers.