Sophie Duran

i’ve been seeing Sophie Duran‘s work around the internet for a while now, so i was thrilled when she got in touch to tell me about her new print collection Undiscovered Wonders of the World.

Created out of self made photographes, old travel books and minerals, these unknown mysterious worlds are open to multiple interpretations. Inspired by Celtic, Norwegian, Indian and Greek ancient stories, every landscape has a name that gives slightly a clue of where you could explore it. All prints are digitally printed at the Audax Textile Museum Tilburg and CATDigital Glasgow, Scotland. As a material I used silk velvet and crepe de chine. The velvet gives vibrance to the colours and makes the landscapes look three-dimensional. Crepe de chine gives a lightness and sophisticated feeling to the prints. The designs are presented as scarfs (135cm x 135cm), finished with a 925 silver detail.

, , , , , , ,

15 Responses to Sophie Duran

1. kerri Tuesday 6 December, 2011 at 5:56 pm #

these posts are my favourite.
    this one is a particular favourite.

2. Megan Tuesday 6 December, 2011 at 6:28 pm #

O wow, these are gorgeous! Where can you buy them from?

3. Lincoln Taft Tuesday 6 December, 2011 at 7:28 pm #

These are perfect in every way.

4. Dana Tuesday 6 December, 2011 at 9:22 pm #

I am quite obsessed with the last three – they are pretty magical.

5. CANDY PING PONG Tuesday 6 December, 2011 at 9:27 pm #

So adorable! I have such a weakness for collages on silk!

6. Melissa Tuesday 6 December, 2011 at 11:02 pm #

Already know I can’t afford these, just by looking at them, but they sure are gorgeous.

7. Catherine Tuesday 6 December, 2011 at 11:05 pm #

These are incredibly beautiful. What I love about them is that they are so beautiful when they are spread out and the imagery is more recognizable, but they are also equally beautiful when they are crumpled up and more abstract. Thanks for sharing!

8. m.fay Wednesday 7 December, 2011 at 2:52 am #

goodness! these are amazing!!! thanks for sharing them with us.

9. Andrea Wednesday 7 December, 2011 at 7:19 am #

I’m a huge fan of this blog, every post is interesting and beautiful, so thank you! I check it all the time when I need inspiration. And these are beautiful by the way, I love them.

10. hila Wednesday 7 December, 2011 at 7:37 am #

wow, I really don’t know what to say aside from, this is so cool.

11. Haley Wednesday 7 December, 2011 at 8:12 pm #

These prints are simply stunning and remind me of photographs from Bernhard Edmaier: http://tremendouslyinterested.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/patterns-of-the-earth/

12. Natalia Friday 9 December, 2011 at 7:04 am #

Can they be bought? I absolutely need one!

13. Marta Friday 9 December, 2011 at 7:28 pm #

I love this scarves!

14. karen keough Friday 16 December, 2011 at 1:40 am #

Where can you buy these scarves… and how much are they?

15. Nicole Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

I also had the opportunity to interview her for my university newspaper. Her work is ruly impressive, but more than that, is her ideas behind the work that inspire her pieces.

Here is the article and some information on how you can aquire her magnificent pieces: