Delpozo Spring 2014

when i saw the Delpozo Spring 2014 collection i had two thoughts: (1) WOW and (2) this is crying out for a comparison series. before i delved into my little project, though, i looked through every piece on Style.com. what a collection. and upon reading more about it, saw that designer Josep Font was inspired by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot’s portrait La Zingara. so, i suppose this is kind of serendipitous.

Madrid-based label Delpozo made a splash with its New York fashion week debut last season and delivered again for Spring with a positively enchanting collection inspired by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot’s portrait of a Gypsy woman with a tambourine. Creative director Josep Font, who relaunched the storied Spanish brand just over a year ago, has become known for his unique “prêt-à-couture” that combines unexpected volumes with intricate embellishments in a modern, unstuffy way.

click on the images to see larger versions!

Miss Moss // Delpozo Spring 2014
Miss Moss // Delpozo Spring 2014
Miss Moss // Delpozo Spring 2014
Miss Moss // Delpozo Spring 2014
Miss Moss // Delpozo Spring 2014
Miss Moss // Delpozo Spring 2014
Miss Moss // Delpozo Spring 2014
Miss Moss // Delpozo Spring 2014
Miss Moss // Delpozo Spring 2014
Miss Moss // Delpozo Spring 2014

works of art from top to bottom: Jacob Axel Gillberg - Nydia the flower girlAuguste Toulmouche - A Young Woman in a Rose GardenEkaterina Nikolaevna Katshura-Falileeva – At the SamovarJean-Baptiste-Camille Corot – Woman with mandolinJean-Baptiste-Camille Corot - Agostina; Raphael Kirchner – Fanny Brice; Giovanni Boldini - A Portrait of Emiliana Concha de OssaJean-Baptiste-Camille Corot - Interrupted ReadingWilliam James Glackens - Dancer in a pink dressAlexander Antonovich Rizzoni – A nun.

, , , , ,

39 Responses to Delpozo Spring 2014

1. maggie Tuesday 10 September, 2013 at 8:55 pm #

I LOVE when you do these amazing comparison projects. Absolutely flawless.

2. Maria João Tuesday 10 September, 2013 at 9:21 pm #

Oh my… this is genius! Incredible, absolutely love it. My favorite of your comparison projects.

3. Ailish Tuesday 10 September, 2013 at 9:46 pm #

This is absolutely brilliant, one of my favourite posts! The comparisons are so accurate!

4. Claire Tuesday 10 September, 2013 at 10:24 pm #

amazing as always!

5. Lili Gabbiano Tuesday 10 September, 2013 at 10:34 pm #

wow, amazing. This is fantastic!!!!!!!

6. Alice Tuesday 10 September, 2013 at 11:37 pm #

you’re a visual genius, seriously, as an iconography obsessive geek, i’m deeply jealous of your visual associations and compositions. RESPECT.

7. caitlin rose Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 12:24 am #

honestly this is my favourite thing ever! the collection is stunning, the paintings are stunning, this is what I love about fashion. You’ve combined the two. I’m so inspired. I make baroque inspired crowns, and this is giving me so so so much!

8. Alyssabeth Sherman Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 12:45 am #

This is so so so beautiful. Thank you.

9. Ruzu Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 1:15 am #

He is amazing!! i love everything,

10. Alexis Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 2:33 am #

Absolutely love. Thank you!

11. Daisy de Plume Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 9:38 am #

How very creative – worthy of an exhibition at either the V+A’s fashion show or NY’s FIT!

12. Modupe Oloruntoba Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 11:55 am #

these are exquisite! how long do they take you, and what do you use to make them?

• Miss Moss Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 11:56 am #

takes me a few hours, depending on where i find the artwork. executing them doesn’t take long. i do them in photoshop.

13. mariele ivy Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 5:15 pm #

Absolutly beautiful. You have such an eye for the color and subtle patterns that made these paintings fit so magically!

14. Katleen Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

WAW, this really blew me away. I adore your comparison series. You have such a great eye for it. How did you find these amazing matching paintings? Is there an image bank or you knew about them already? Bravo!

15. Jen Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 10:18 pm #

Magical! Love these posts.

16. Carly Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 10:19 pm #

well done!!! this is one of my favorite features on your blog, and this one is exceptional!

17. phi @PrincessTofu Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 11:27 pm #

Impeccable! I love the mirrored backgrounds, gowns, all of it!

18. Caitlin Thursday 12 September, 2013 at 4:39 am #

WOW. Thank you for posting!! My mouth was open reading this!

19. Uli Thursday 12 September, 2013 at 5:39 pm #

Awesome job, I love it!

20. Kim Thursday 12 September, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

Amazing job here!!! When I first saw this, I assumed it was part of a lookbook put out by the designer. The comparisons are brilliant.

21. Kelly Saturday 14 September, 2013 at 11:45 pm #

Marvelous. These comparisons make my heart bigger than the collection or the artwork could by themselves. Thank you.

22. Juli Monday 16 September, 2013 at 11:16 am #

This is a really great project!
    Complients
    xoxo Julia

23. Style and paper Monday 16 September, 2013 at 6:28 pm #

just amazing, the research and the job doing the comparison of the artworks are brilliant

24. Alexis Tuesday 17 September, 2013 at 10:40 pm #

I always look forward to new colour comparisons from you. So inspiring – thank you!

25. una Thursday 19 September, 2013 at 4:22 am #

A whole NEW LEVEL! Yes :)

26. Jessie Thursday 19 September, 2013 at 5:36 pm #

This is so so perfect!

27. Shirley Sunday 22 September, 2013 at 6:31 am #

You have truly outdone yourself with this one! Marvelous. You manage to surprise me with every new colour comparison!

28. sabu Sunday 22 September, 2013 at 4:36 pm #

So. Freaking. Awesome.

29. Lana Wednesday 25 September, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

Wow, beautifully put together Diana!

30. Florence Monday 30 September, 2013 at 3:48 am #

These are so perfect! The collection is stunning and do are you pairings… Love the mirrored images. Amazing how you find the perfect paintings!

31. Sara Almeida Tuesday 22 October, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

Hi Diana, first time here, found you through Stumble, and I fell in love with the images in this article! It’s been a while since I began researching about how fashion is inspiring interiors today and how the opposite may start to happen as well. And this post remind me of that exactly, this is how so creative but so distinct areas can obtain inspiration from one another. Also, I know you don’t do advertising posts of any sort but I dare you to have a look at the brand I represent as PR and Press Director, KOKET (www.bykoketcom). You will find that our products too are deeply inspired in fashion. From the peacock feathers of 2012 to the metallic looks of 2013…. We breathe fashion and the decorative arts :) Let me know what you think… Fabulous blog!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Delpozo Spring 2014 + Miss Moss | all + sundry - Friday 13 September, 2013

[…] See just a few of the images below on how our fav blogger, Miss Moss, got lost in art and fashion, two things we find ourselves diving deep into as well. To view even more genius, go the rest here. […]

2. Miss Moss + Delpozo - Wednesday 25 September, 2013

[…] series, combining fashion and art. Her visual brilliance has blown our minds again with this series combining looks from Delpozo‘s spring collection and works of art, including some from […]

3. Info faine 4 | Rookie - Tuesday 1 October, 2013

[…] un designer se inspira dintr-un tablou celebru, cineva le pune impreuna. toate rochiile si toate tablourile care le seamana aici […]

4. Style Inspiration: Artistic Comparisons | Project Fairytale - Wednesday 2 October, 2013

[…] love with the Delpozo Spring 2014 collection. Shared the images, but now I found something better: Miss Moss did a comparison post (I looooove her comparison series), taking famous paintings as a backdrop for some of the outfits […]

5. Style Pantry | Miss Moss’ Comparison Series: Delpozo Spring 2014 - Thursday 3 October, 2013

[…] Moss, of Miss Moss blog, has done a wonderful comparison series on Delpozo’s spring 2014 collection and […]

6. Info faine 4 | jonesie.ro - Monday 30 December, 2013

7. Delpozo FW2014-2015 | La Colmena - Sunday 9 February, 2014

[…] francés Corot (aunque el blog Miss Moss comparó su colección con los cuadros de otros artistas, aquí), esta temporada se ha inspirado en el artista Duilio Barnabé para crear siluetas de líneas […]